SASTransportation and General Information
Arrival in Antigua
La Academia de Español – Sevilla is in a charming, colonial-style town house, only five minutes walk away from the Central Square.
Private Airport Pickup
If you would like, we will pick you up at Aurora International Airport in Guatemala City and bring you directly your accommodation place in Antigua Guatemala, Fee is $35.00 US.
You may also choose to take a private taxi from the airport to Antigua. Cost is approximately $50.00 USD.
Other mini-bus service can be found outside the airport but schedules of service vary. If your arrival is after 5:30PM, this service might not be available.
We recommend to use our transportation service which provides: Punctuality, comfort and safety.
SASFree Activities in Antigua Guatemala
The ambiance at La Academia de Español Sevilla is friendly and inviting. Not only do we offer use of computers with internet, and WiFi, in the school, but also a wide range of cultural activities. Below are some of the extracurricular activities offered to our students without charge:
- Dance Lessons Salsa & Merengue Every Monday
We have free salsa and merengue classes, here in the school every Monday, and for those who are especially keen dancers, we offer private classes
- Happy Hour
- Tour to “El cerro de la Cruz”
- Latin American Films
The school has its very own BIG screen with sound system, where students can watch films in Spanish or with Spanish subtitles, sport events , etc.
- Collective Grammar Classes
- Social Projects
- Guided Tours in Antigua to the Monuments and Monasteries
- Participation in local religion, cultural and social events
- Enjoyable parties all year round
- Even More
We offer our students free limited use of computers with Internet access, unlimited wireless internet. We’ll happily receive your FAX, phone calls/messages and personal mail at our reception desk.
The activities on this list have a minimum cost
- Tour to coffee plantation
- Tour to Macademia Farm (nut plantation)
- Tour to the Active Volcano Pacaya (including entrance)
- Horseback riding to the villages around Antigua
- Mountain Bike Tour
- Traditional clothing and weaving demonstrations (including how to make tortillas)
- Tour to visit a Mayan God “San Simón” with Mayan ceremonies
- Pic-Nic in a beautiful Tropical place with: swimming pools, jacuzzi, sauna and recreational areas
- Traditional festival (day of the Saints 1st of November)